
The Things I've Gone and Done - Carrie Newcomer
"Take down your defenses
Like you've taken off your clothes
It's a glorious insurrection
Not to hold your secrets close
What's the use in counting errors
Or the help in counting sheep
I don't intend to live my whole life out
Just to find I was asleep...
How mysterious and wondrous
The strange circlings of the mind
And that I can see as far ahead of me
As I can see behind
Hindsight's always 20/20
But, we see what we want to see
And I used to pray for wisdom
Now I know just what that means
I'm learning to forgive
And relearn it everyday
Every time I stop to gather stones
I straighten up and walk away...
Just because the odds are bad
Doesn't mean you shouldn't risk
Don't believe it will not happen
Just because it hasn't happened yet."
My new year's resolution? To stop gathering so many stones.

Love it. I love the line "It's a glorious insurrection not to hold your secrets close." Thanks for sharing this- peace and blessings on your new year!
ReplyDelete