
There is a time to measure in tons, and a time to measure in teaspoons. I’m sticking with the teaspoons. Morning news: 190,120,055 gallons of spilled oil in the Gulf of Mexico, 43 million Americans living in poverty, and 314 metric tons of CO2 emitted by U.S. cars and trucks each year. I don’t know about you, but reading the measurements are enough to squelch my efforts for change even before I apply them. Solutions? I’ve got none. Seasoning? Leavening agents? Perhaps. Think about it. Cookies without that pinch of salt? Not even worth tasting. No baking soda? You’re left with hard, heavy, and flat. Comparing poverty and climate change to a cookie recipe seems somehow sacrilegious. But you and me as salt? Get out your shakers. Let’s do some preserving. A teaspoon at a time.
“You are the salt of the earth.” (Matthew 5:13)

I love this!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful- that seems manageable to be that little bit of salt and light. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteReally great
ReplyDeleteThank you. It has seemed more overwhelming and un-do-able than usual these days. This helps.
ReplyDelete