THE LIGHTI reel in thoughts and prayers
I fill up my heart, my head
The hope it just comes, then goes
I travel down to those shelves
Where dust covers up my words
The pleasure, the pain, the past
He said it was real, was fate
He sang out his love and his praise
He held my hand and my heart
He lead me down paths of joy
Then silence cause tear-filled toil
I want so much more from love
I want so much more from love
The radio shares bad news
The stories so filled with gloom
Peace - please come, please stay
The death tolls are rising still
My helplessness feeling full
The ache of our human truth
What are we called to do?
(Refrain)
As I walk and as I fall
I dance and crash and crawl
Light I seek amidst the dark
The depth, dark, bitter cold
The light comes 'round me warm
The light comes 'round me warm
I bike in the rain and dirt
My body so lost and afraid
the mind counsels; heart throbs pain
You wrote me a note of thanks
The tears fall affirmed I now stand
A blessing filled welcome friend
A welcome friend
(Refrain)
The light comes 'round me warm
The dust coats my steep stairs
I'll keep traveling down there
To those shelves of pain, pleasure, and past
To relieve and to renew
The deep souls of me and you
My mind reels, and reels, and reels
to find grace
in need of grace
the warm light of grace
I wait here as you come near
You drop off my warmth and my wear
You'll say "goodbye", "goodbye"
You kissed my cheeks and my hopes
I'll add it to my long list
The hope it just comes and goes
The hope it just comes and goes

Well said!
ReplyDelete