It was seven years ago this month I became a homeowner. Has it really been that long? There are days when it seems I've gotten no where in that time. Same job, same wall colors, same singleness, same questions. However, looking out my back door, I'm reminded that a lot has changed. A lot has grown. This garden, for instance. I dug it and planted it with offerings from friends and family. I remember it looked quite sickly in those first months. Being transplanted can be hard. However, those plants have rooted and found a home. They continue to grow. As do I. Today, some six or seven years later, I planted two rain gardens. I pray those tiny plant plugs find root, grow, and do their part to help nourish the land. I pray I might do the same. Another marker for another year. Cheers to watching and trusting the growth.
Friday, June 26, 2026
gardens
It was seven years ago this month I became a homeowner. Has it really been that long? There are days when it seems I've gotten no where in that time. Same job, same wall colors, same singleness, same questions. However, looking out my back door, I'm reminded that a lot has changed. A lot has grown. This garden, for instance. I dug it and planted it with offerings from friends and family. I remember it looked quite sickly in those first months. Being transplanted can be hard. However, those plants have rooted and found a home. They continue to grow. As do I. Today, some six or seven years later, I planted two rain gardens. I pray those tiny plant plugs find root, grow, and do their part to help nourish the land. I pray I might do the same. Another marker for another year. Cheers to watching and trusting the growth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nicely said. Cheers to you too.
ReplyDelete